Automotive manufacturer Jaguar Land Rover plans to employ approximately 300 apprentices in the UK next year, expanding their pipeline for trainee engineers. In addition, 400 graduate and 250 undergraduate places will be offered with applications opening in January.
Should this target be achieved and the initiative and provides more than 800 early careers programs to new starters, that will be a 55% increase on 2022 – representing a record intake.
Roles are available across engineering, manufacturing, software engineering, data, logistics and product development. All successful applicants will also be enrolled onto courses in autonomous driving, electrification and more. The regime includes flagship apprentice degree apprenticeship programs in digital technology and engineering for students pursuing careers in software engineering, data engineering and analytics or cybersecurity. Apprenticeships at Jaguar Land Rover range from Level 3 to Level 7 and typically require five GCSEs at Level 5 or above, plus at least two A Levels including Maths at Grade B or above.
Dave Williams, executive director of human resources at Jaguar Land Rover, said, “We’re extremely proud of our record in supporting early careers, and our place as a top employer for apprentices. Anyone joining Jaguar Land Rover will be part of company fully invested in lifelong learning and development. Our vision is to become the proud creators of modern luxury. We welcome people who are passionate about contributing to that successful transformation.”
Parris Small is a software engineering degree apprentice at Jaguar Land Rover and recently won both the Apprentice Award at Midlands Women in Technology Awards and 2022 Multicultural Awards Apprentice of the Year. Small commented, “I love the opportunities that come with carrying out an apprenticeship and since starting I have been given a lot of responsibility. It’s also incredibly rewarding. Spending around 80% of my time in Jaguar Land Rover’s electric vehicle charging team, I can see how what I do directly relates to the company’s target of becoming carbon net zero by 2039 – all while I am still studying for a degree for the remaining 20%.”