Are you an Employer of Choice for Engineering Apprentices?
Benchmark your Apprenticeship scheme against industry best practice and get recognised through Kitemark accreditation.
Make UK has partnered with support platform Next Gen Makers to develop a ground-breaking Engineering Apprenticeships Employer Kitemark, which recognises companies who achieve a best practice benchmark, and thus endorse them as an exemplary employer of apprentices.
The Make UK backed Engineering Apprenticeships: Employer Kitemark is part of the Engineering Apprenticeships: Best Practice Programme and is open to any UK based Engineering & Manufacturing company that currently has 3 or more Engineering/ manufacturing related Apprentices.
What is it?
- A Kitemark that recognises companies who achieve a best practice benchmark
- An endorsement of exemplar employers of Apprentices
- Recognition that helps your business stand out to attract aspiring engineers
- An opportunity to learn from the best practice of other manufacturers and improve how you attract and retain talent
- Guidance to help you implement a successful Apprenticeship scheme
The feedback of current Apprentices and Training Providers is a key part of the criteria in awarding the Kitemark to employers, in addition to the company being benchmarked against industry best practice on an annual basis during your journey within the Programme.
“It’s vital that would-be apprentices feel comfortable and confident when selecting an engineering employer, who will give them the right support and training throughout their apprenticeship and beyond.”
“This kitemark complements and builds on the programmes that Make UK and Next Gen Makers have already developed which are key to helping place apprentices and enable employers to bridge the skills gap which is currently affecting the sector.”
Chief Executive Officer